Merry meet!




Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Winter

Wintertime is my favourite time of the year. Not that I don't enjoy the other seasons, it's just such a magical time for me, even though I don't get all the snow (sigh) I was used to getting when I was living in the States. The silence of the snow, the calming effect...love it. The season of the imagination. Snow transforms familiar landscapes into something completely unfamiliar, but intriguing. It's kind of like being in a Norman Rockwell drawing or in a snowglobe. The world seems smaller.
Cooking hearty meals, the smell of freshly baked bread and biscuits. A fire always lit in the hearth; snuggling on the couch with the pooches, drinking mint cocoa (what?!! it's actually good!!) and reading a good book or watching an old film (maybe Bing or Doris Day)...heaven. It's also a time to get  into closer contact with my subconscious and  my dreams. I reconnect with the earth. Things take on aura of mystery that is tantalizing.  
 I'm very attached to the earth and seasonal changes fascinate me and make me happy.  Autumn is my second favourite with the coloured foliage, the first chill anticipating winter's arrival, the beautiful landscapes, the harvests and the celebrations, not to mention Samhain! All delightful.
I feel closer to the elements during these two seasons than with the other two. And I have to admit that one hell of an element spell blasted my town with snow in the middle of April a few years ago, which I had specifically asked for (ok, I'll admit I was pretty angry at the time and asked for it only if I had just reason to do so, however, it was pretty impressive! I have calmed down since then    ;-)). So this actually goes to show NEVER to piss off a witch!!!

Good night to you all and happy dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment