Merry meet!




Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Joys of reading

I love reading. Sometimes I haven't got enough time to do so or the right book at hand, but I usually try to find a new author to add to my "favourite authors list" when my in list ones are busy writing something new. J.K.Rowling created a whole new world as did Stephenie Meyers and the characters turn into your friends. It's a great feeling and a sad one when the stories end because you become attached to them. Some of the characters are so nice that you end up hugging the book when you're finished reading it. The first time I hugged a book was when I was in my early twenties and the book was The River God by Wilbur Smith. Taita, the main character in the novel, will forever remain in my heart. Each book, each character gives us something, something valuable. They enrich our lives making us laugh, cry, worry along with them..it's wonderful.
Funny when I was younger I wasn't fond of reading ( I hated writing book reports during my summer holidays...augh). I enjoyed fariy tales and Dr.Seuss books, my favourite is And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street, when I was very young. My parents bought me a whole bunch of books from a second hand store on Broadway Street in my hometown. I was thrilled annnd I still own them!!
I've recently discovered some English and American authors that write delightful stories mostly Christmas stories (yes, I'm a Christmas fanatic!!!) Spent New Year's Eve reading Scarlett Bailey's The Night Before Christmas, fabulous! Discovered today that she has written a xmas story on her blog called Santa, Maybe. Needless to say, I've already read it! All I can say is wish I could meet a Santa like that!!!
Trisha Ashley was lovely as well. I highly recommend Twelve Days of Christmas, Chocolate Wishes and A Winter's Tale.
Melody Carlson and her Christmas novellas are also heart-warming, if you're fishing around for a good holiday read.
Well, I think I've written enough for now. I'll sign off and get some reading done. Next time(don't know exactly when) I might talk about my being a film buff. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment